1 cup light buckwheat flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
2 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups milk of choice (I used almond)
1 tsp grated lemon zest
Coconut oil for frying
- Combine flours, arrowroot powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring to combine.
- Add the milk and lemon zest, mix only until no lumps of flour remain.
- Stir in the dessicated coconut.
- Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan to medium and add a touch of coconut oil.
- Drop approximately 2 tbsp of batter per pancake. Let the the pancakes cook until the bottom is golden brown and bubbles appear on the top. Flip pancakes and cook the other side.