This month, local naturopath, Penny Barnett, shares her store cupboard essentials and her favourite quick-cook meal.
For Penny’s blog on Tips for Optimising Skin Health, click here…
For another recipe from Penny, click here…
My Kitchen Staples
- Coconut oil
- A variety of teas
- Oat milk
King Soba brown rice noodles
2 tsp coconut oil
2 cloves garlic
2 small organic leeks
Dash olive oil
1 cup cashews
Geo Organics Thai Green curry paste
- Heat 2 tsp of coconut oil in a non-stick pan
- Dice the leeks into semi circles and add to pan on a low heat until soft
- Chop the garlic into chunks and add to the leeks, and the juice of 1/2 a lemon (or lime)
- Boil water for the noodles
- Add half jar of curry paste to the pan, stir and leave for 5-7 minutes
- Place 2 portions of rice noodles into boiling water for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly so they don’t stick!
- Drain the noodles and refresh with cold water
- Serve noodles, drizzle with olive oil, top with the curry, tahini, cashews and some fresh coriander.
Penny is a Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist and has been working in health and well-being for over 10 years. She trained with the Nutritional Healing Foundation and currently practises in Bristol.