Recipe by Saskia Gregson-Williams, author of Naturally Sassy blog.
1 tbsp baobab superfruit powder
1/3 cup brown rice flour
1 cup oats
1-1.5 cups oat/almond milk
2-3 Medjool dates
1/2 cup blueberries
Optional topping suggestions: almond nut butter, maple/date/agave syrup, fruit compote or pear & apple spread.
- Grind down the oats in a blender, grinder or food processor until it resembles flour. Set to one side.
- Add the dates, and oat milk in the blender and blend until the date pieces have been obliterated into tiny fragments.
- Break up the banana into smaller pieces and add to the mix with the baobab and brown rice flour. Blend until thick and smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- In a frying pan add a little coconut oil and spoon 1/3 cup of the batter onto the pan. Use a knife to shape the batter into a thick round, resembling a Scottish pancake. Cook on each side for roughly 2 minutes, using a spatula to flip the pancake over. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Add any extras on top, such as a drizzle of syrup or a generous spoonful of nut butter.