From Rude Health, creators of raw, sprouted grain flours.
Lovely with sweet or savoury toppings, like a cashew cream or avocado.
1/4 beetroot, grated
100g sprouted buckwheat flour
1 pinch of Sea Salt
300ml milk / almond drink
50g butter / coconut oil
- Put your sprouted flour and salt into a mixing bowl, and add the egg.
- Grate your beetroot into the mixture.
- Slowly add the milk a little at a time, and beat it into a batter. Mix well and then leave the mixture to rest for a least an hour.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil, and mix it into the batter.
- Lightly oil a heavy frying pan and heat well.
- Put a good tablespoon of batter into the hot pan, and roll it around to cover the surface. Cook until golden then flip and cook on the other side.