- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 large onion
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, about 15g (or to taste)
- 2 small fresh lemongrass stalks
- 1 dsp coconut oil to fry the onion
- 1 can of coconut milk (400g)
- Water or clear vegetable stock, to reach desired texture
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ juice of one lime
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Fry onion over a medium heat until soft. Meanwhile peel the butternut squash, cutting off the skin. Add the chopped butternut squash lemongrass and ginger and slow fry a bit until it releases it’s flavour and begins to soften, then add the chopped potato.
Cover with the coconut milk and a little water if needed to cover it completely, season a bit and cook until butternut squash is soft. Then, remove the lemongrass stalks and blend until smooth and add water until it gets the consistency you desire.
Now season it to taste and add the splash of lime juice.