Soups are good for weight loss because of their low calorie density, or relatively low number of calories compared to their serving size. Fibre and protein are filling nutrients, so choose a soup with ingredients such as vegetables, beans and a lean protein.
3 white onions
3 cloves garlic
1 medium cauliflower
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp turmeric powder
Pinch black pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil
3 tsp veg powder
- Roast or dry pan fry cumin seeds and put them to one side for later
- Add onions, garlic and cauliflower to the pan with a little oil then, on a low heat, sweat them down with a pinch of salt for 30-40 minutes. Adding a pinch of salt at the beginning help
If you can hear them frying the temperature is too high. The aim is to sweat them down to release the natural sugars not fry them.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the turmeric and toasted cumin seeds and cook for another 5 minutes
- When the vegetables are coated, add organic vegetable stock and cover with water. Cook for another 40/50 minutes then blend
- Season with salt and pepper