Adapted from the Sprouted Kitchen cookbook, by Sara Forte
If you don’t eat eggs, try replacing the egg with a tablespoon of ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water. They might not rise as much, however, but at least they should bind together.
1 1/4 cups of almond flour
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/2 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut sugar
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together almond flour, cacao nibs, dessicated coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar and set aside.
- Whisk egg thoroughly until it doubles in size, then whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Fold into the dry mixture until just combined
- Leave mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment
- Roll dough into balls, about 1 inch in diameter, and place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently press down the top of each cookie
- bake 10-13 minutes, until the edges just start to turn brown
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container. They should last up to 3 days, if you can resist them for that long.