Creamy Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe
Some people assume that vegans miss out on the best foods. That couldn’t be further from the truth! You don’t have to miss out when you’re vegan, and this creamy hot chocolate recipe is no exception.
Trying vegan for the first time? Take a look at our blog on 7 handy vegan tips to start your journey.
- Whisk together sugar, cacao powder, arrowroot/Kuzu and salt in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Heat the milk and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan over a lowish heat.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the hot milk to the cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the cocoa mixture into the milk pan, and simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens a little.
- Remove from heat, and leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Add marshmallows to taste.