Thank you to Katie from www.veggieandthebeastfeast.com for the inspiration!
¼ cup cacao powder
2 teaspoons arrowroot / Clearspring Kuzu
Pinch of sea salt
4 cups almond/dairy-free milk of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coconut blossom sugar to taste
Vegan marshmallows to float (optional)
- Whisk together sugar, cacao powder, arrowroot/Kuzu and salt in a small bowl or measuring cup
- Heat the milk and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan over a lowish heat
- Add a couple tablespoons of the hot milk to the cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the cocoa mixture into the milk pan, and simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens a little
- Remove from heat, and leave to stand for a few minutes
- Add marshmallows to taste!