Curry & Coconut Roasted Almonds Recipe
* Take care as the coconut can burn very quickly, particularly if using desiccated coconut rather than the chips. They may be ready after 15 minutes depending on your oven.
Sometimes it’s easier reaching for a packet of crisps when hunger strikes but these roasted almonds are packed full of the good stuff. Which means when you make a snack as good as this you’ll be supplying your body with healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and Vitamin E. BBC Good Food explore the health benefits of almonds in more details here.
Want to know more about what makes a healthy diet? This blog explores what it really means to be healthy.
How to Make Curry & Coconut Roasted Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, agave or maple, cane sugar, curry powder, red pepper flakes, salt and mix together.
- Stir in the almonds to coat.
- Stir in the coconut and sesame seeds
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread the nuts in a single layer and bake for 20-30 minutes on the middle rack, until the coconut is just browned.
- Stir them halfway through, being careful to pull them if the coconut starts to get too brown.
- Remove to cool completely before eating. (They may taste chewy at first, let them cool all the way!)
Now you’ve found a great snack, how about enjoying it alongside a rich and creamy turmeric tea?