From Sprouted Kitchen
2 tbsp coconut oil, warmed to a liquid
1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
3 tbsp natural cane sugar
1 tbsp sweet curry powder
pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
300g raw almonds
40g large coconut chips (or dessicated coconut)
1 tbsp sesame seeds, white and/or black
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, agave or maple, cane sugar, curry powder, red pepper flakes, salt and mix together.
- Stir in the almonds to coat.
- Stir in the coconut and sesame seeds
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread the nuts in a single layer and bake for 20-30 minutes on the middle rack, until the coconut is just browned.
- Stir them halfway through, being careful to pull them if the coconut starts to get too brown.
- Remove to cool completely before eating. (They may taste chewy at first, let them cool all the way!)
* Take care as the coconut can burn very quickly, particularly if using dessicated coconut rather than the chips. They may be ready after 15 minutes depending on your oven.