Veggie Moussaka Recipe
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Put the herbs, lentils, garlic, spices and onions in a large pan and pour in 850ml water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, veggie stock cube, sweet potato and aubergine. Then cover and simmer for another 20-25 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- You can tell if your veggies are tender by sticking a sharp knife info them and if they fall off they’re ready. Remove all the bay leaves.
- Next, beat the fromage frais, egg and cheese together. Tip the lentil mixture into a large ovenproof dish, cover with the cheese mixture, then place the slices tomatoes on the top.
- Sprinkle with some ground black pepper and bake for 25 minutes until the topping is set.
- This dish will keep for 3 days in the fridge.