From Anja’s Food For Thought blog and adapted by Wild Oats’ Sally Marshall.
90g chickpea flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cumin/black mustard seeds
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp olive oil
59ml/2 fl oz water
- Preheat oven to 175 C/375 F
- Combine flour, salt, mustard seeds and garlic.
- Add water and mix to a dough. Add more water if the mixture is stiff or more flour if too sloppy.
- Form the dough into a disc and place between two sheets of baking parchment. Roll until about 1/8 inch thick.
- With a knife or biscuit cutter, cut the dough into the desired shapes.
- Prick each cracker with a fork to prevent the crackers from puffing up. It also looks good too!
- Transfer onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges just begin to turn brown.