- Fry the vegetables and garlic in the coconut oil until the onion has browned and the vegetables have started to soften.
- Add the stock, lentils, tomatoes and herbs and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on a low heat with the lid on for 25 minutes then add the kale and most of the parsley (save some for serving).
- I added an extra cup of stock as this point, it’s completely up to you if you’d like to do the same.
- Continue cooking for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked, making sure there is enough water
- You can add more stock if it’s too thick.
This stew is even better the next day and can also be frozen.