This is more of a milky chai, all sweet and spicy. It contains the anti-inflammatory cornerstones like turmeric and ginger. If you can get it, use fresh turmeric as well. It’s great at any time of the day and is a fabulous winter warmer.
1 cup almond or coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2-inch wide round slice of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 – 1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener
Optional additions: a small pat of butter, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper
- Gently warm the almond or coconut milk on the stove.
- In a mug, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of the warmed milk into the mug and mix until the liquid is smooth with no lumps.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix well.
- You can leave the pieces of ginger in the tea, or strain it out before drinking.