Magnesium Rose Lemonade
Being a naturopath, I’m no stranger to a big collection of herbs and supplements -it’s my jam!
But lately I’ve been on the hunt for finding more fun and novel ways to take natural medicines, instead of the ol’ capsule or tablet forms.
I’m here to show you one of my latest creations that will have you counting down the hours until supplement o’clock. This drink is something I love to have in the afternoon, after a long day at work as magnesium helps us to wind down, relax and even sleep better.
Magnesium is so important for the relaxation of the body and mind. Personally, I think everyone could do with a bit more magnesium, but it’s especially important for anyone who is going through stress or doing a lot of physical activity. And because magnesium is so depleted in the soil, it’s hard for us to get enough magnesium through diet alone -so this is a mineral I regularly recommend for clients to supplement.
-2 teaspoons of Plain MAG365 Magnesium powder
-20-30mls of Hot water
(The rest of the ingredients you can alter to taste/preference)
-Stevia Drops (optional)
- Let some freshly boiled water cool for a few minutes before pouring 20-30mls into a glass. Add 2 teaspoons of the magnesium and watch it fizz, then stir until dissolved.
- Add in Lemon juice, you can use half of a fresh lemon or organic juice from a bottle.
- Add in rose water. The Rose water we have at Wild Oats (Nielsen-Massey) is very strong so you only need a little bit -I use 4 drops.
- Add in ¼ teaspoon of beetroot powder for its colour- you can experiment with the amount for your perfect shade of pink.
- Add a little squeeze of stevia if you fancy a sweeter drink, I use the Sweet Leaf -Raspberry Lemonade flavour Water Drops.
- Give it a good stir then fill up the rest of the glass with sparkling mineral water.
- Top with edible rose petals for an extra special touch and enjoy!
All ingredients are available from Wild Oats – Health has never tasted so good!
Written by Emalyse Cosh
Emalyse is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist and Herbalist from Australia -specialising in Women’s health, Digestive health and Travel health. She loves working one on one with clients to support them through their journey to vibrant health and wellness.