Two inspiring vegan yoghurt recipes we’ve found for you to try:
From Green Kitchen Stories Blog. One of our favourite wholesome foodie blogs.
1.5 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight (8-12 hours)
2 tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
10 tbsp water
2 fresh soft dates or soaked dried dates, pitted
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp psyllium husks powder + 1/2 cup / 120 ml water *see note
- Combine psyllium husks powder and water in a small bowl and stir until it thickens.
- Place soaked cashew nuts in a high speed blender (or in a bowl and use an immersion hand blender).
- Add lemon juice, water, dates and sea salt and blend until completely smooth. Pour into a bowl and add 2 tbsp psyllium gel and stir to combine.
- Scoop into two serving bowls or glasses, chill in the fridge for 10 minutes. Serve with granola and fresh fruit.
Adapted from Naturally Sassy.
2 cans of coconut milk
6 medjool dates
4 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup water or tea infusion of your choice
- Freeze the cans of coconut milk for two hours before making, and pop the dates into 1/2 cup of a tea infusion of your choice, or just soak in water.
- Scoop out the coconut milk from the frozen cans of coconut milk, and place in a food processor with the soaked dates, the soaking water and chia seeds. Blend for around 3-5 minutes until smooth. Pour into a jar and let set overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Serve as a breakfast or dessert, adding a crunchy granola or stewed fruit as desired.