Chestnut Flour Pancakes
From Hemsley + Hemsley
115g / 1 cup chestnut flour
3 medium eggs (room temperature)
250ml / 1 cup water
250ml / 1 cup coconut yoghurt
Honey to taste
3/4 – 1 tsp orange blossom extract
- Place the chestnut flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle
- Beat in eggs, one a a time, then add the water a little at a time, whisking continuously until you have a smooth batter.
- Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the honey and orange blossom extract into the yoghurt and set aside.
- Heat your frying pan and brush with coconut oil or ghee.
- Whisk the batter again and put 2 or 3 tablespoons into the pan then tilt to evening coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for a minute or so until the pancake lifts easily from the bottom of the pan, then turn over and cook the other side.
- Stack up and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Put a dollop (or two) of the yoghurt into the middle of the pancake and fold or roll in half.
- Drizzle with extra honey if desired.
Vegan Almond Pancakes
From A House in the Hills.
2 cups ground almonds
3 firm bananas
2 tablespoons flax
6 tablespoons warm water
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
coconut oil for cooking
Serving options: frozen berries made into a compote, coconut yoghurt (see recipe above), chopped nuts, nut butter…
- Prepare flax “eggs” by combining ground flax with water. Leave in the fridge for 15- 30 minutes to set.
- Mash bananas and combine with ground almonds.
- Add baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and combine thoroughly.
- Add flax “eggs” and mix well.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of pancake mixture into a well oiled frying pan and cook over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes (shape your pancake with a spoon if needed to get the shape you’d like!)
- Flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes, or until it’s lightly browned.
- Serve with a topping of your choice!