Bio-Kult Multi-Strain Probiotic 60s
The original multi-strain Bio-Kult product containing 14 strains of live bacteria for everyday use.
- Probiotic containing 14 strains of live bacteria
- Freeze drying process ensures bacteria colonises full length of intestine
- Can be stored at room temperature
- Can be taken alongside antibiotics
- Gluten-free and suitable for those with a lactose intolerance
Bio-Kult Advanced Multi-Strain Formulation is a live bacteria supplement with 14 strains of beneficial bacteria. This basically means that Bio-Kult can deliver high concentrations of beneficial bacteria to exactly where it needs to go in the gut.
These bacteria are cryoprotected during a freeze-drying process. All that means is the bacteria is protected from the high acidic levels in your stomach, so it can make its way down the full length of your gastrointestinal tract.
The freeze-drying process also means you can store Bio-Kult at room temperature, which is ideal when storing it in the fridge isn’t an option or if you’re travelling a lot. You can use Bio-Kult either continuously or for short bursts if you’re taking antibiotics for example.
Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride formulated this is a broad-spectrum probiotic and it’s one of our top sellers. Although Bio-Kult contains soya and milk, the content of milk is at a level that wouldn’t affect those who are lactose intolerant. Find out more about probiotics with WebMD’s article here.
Looking for more products to keep you healthy from the inside-out? Browse all our vitamins and supplements here.
- Bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose)
- Live bacterial cultures (milk, soya) – see below
- Vegetable capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)
Live Bacteria Cultures:
- Lactobacillus casei PXN® 37™
- Lactobacillus plantarum PXN® 47™
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus PXN® 54™
- Bacillus subtilis PXN® 21®
- Bifidobacterium bifidum PXN® 23™
- Bifidobacterium breve PXN® 25™
- Bifidobacterium longum PXN® 30™
- Lactobacillus acidophilus PXN® 35™
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis PXN® 63™
- Streptococcus thermophilus PXN® 66™
- Bifidobacterium infantis PXN® 27™
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus PXN® 39™
Lactobacillus helveticus PXN® 45™
Lactobacillus salivarius PXN® 57™
How to Use
- 1 – 2 capsules once or twice daily with food.
- If taking two or more capsules daily, you may wish to split the dose between two meals.
If you are taking antibiotics:
- Take 4 capsules daily, ideally at a different time of the day from the antibiotics.
- Continue taking for at least 2 weeks after completion of the antibiotic course
- 2 weeks before travel follow guidelines for general use.
- During travel take 4 capsules daily.
- Continue to take for at least 2 weeks following the end of travel
- Children under 12 – half adult dose.
- If you are taking any medications or have any medical conditions please consult your doctor before taking any food supplement.
- Keep sealed and store in cool, dry conditions.
- Can be stored at room temperature without the need for refrigeration.
- In high, ambient temperatures (25°C+) air-conditioning or refrigeration would be cautionary to assist in maintaining shelf life.
- Total bacteria count viable until end of shelf life.
- Contains soya and milk, used in the fermentation process.
- Content of milk is at a level that would not affect lactose intolerant sufferers.