A recipe from the wonderful nutritionists working at Penny Brohn Cancer Care. And the perfect recipe to keep little hands busy over the holidays!
150g porridge oats
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, poppy)
1 tablespoon chopped dates
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 or 2 tablespoons rice or agave syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Melt the coconut oil gently and then add the olive oil and syrup to the dry ingredients to combine well.
- Tumble into a greased baking tin and press down well using the hand or a wetted spoon.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Leave in tin to cool but cut into fingers while warm.
Agave tends to be much sweeter than rice syrup so you might want to use less. You could also try using a mashed banana to replace some of the sweetener.