Inspired by a recipe from www.healthy-liv.com.
Ingredients (per person)
1 sweet potato
1/2 mashed banana
1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon, to taste
1 tbsp raisins and goji berries, soaked overnight
Several strands of saffron
Coconut cream / coconut manna / ghee
Handful of activated chopped pecans (soaked overnight and lightly toasted)
Maple / coconut syrup for a sweeter bowl
Your bespoke choice of sprinkles:
– desiccated coconut
– cacao nibs
– fennel seeds
– nut butter
- Bake your sweet potato in foil and leave to cool. You could cook the night before, or leave to cook overnight in a slow-cooker.
- Mash and warm the banana in a pan with the cinnamon, saffron strands and grated coconut cream / ghee.
- Add the plump soaked fruit to the pan.
- Mash together the sweet potato (with or without the skin, according to preference) and the warm banana mixture.
- Place in a warm oven or under a grill to warm through if required, while you toast your pecans .
- Add any additional sprinkles you fancy and enjoy!