Veggie Tagine Recipe
- Cut the butternut squash and aubergine into small cubes.
- Place your tagine, or an ovenproof casserole dish if you don’t have a tagine, and add a little oil and butter over a medium heat.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and red onion and fry until soft. Then add one teaspoon of ground cumin, ground ginger and ground cinnamon.
- Add the butternut squash and aubergine and continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Make sure to stir all the ingredients so they’re coated with the spices.
- Then add the tin of tomatoes and chickpeas, the stock and 100ml of water. Season with as much salt and pepper as you’d like and give it a good stir. Cover and cook for 1 hour, or until thick or until the aubergine is cooked. Keep stirring and adding water if the dish needs it.
- When there’s a few minutes left, cook the couscous following the packet instructions.
- When the tagine is ready, grate in the zest of the lemon and squeeze in some of the juice. Add a spoonful of plain yoghurt then finish with a handful of chopped coriander on top.