Wild Lingonberry Iced Latte Recipe
Ingredients (For two)
- 500 ml chilled oat milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 teaspoons of PUOLU Wild Lingonberry powder
- 3 teaspoons of maple syrup (or another natural sweetener)
- a touch of vanilla powder
- a handful of ice cubes
- Mix a little bit of milk and PUOLU powder together in a separate bowl.
- When it’s all mixed add the rest of the milk and pour it all into a blender with the maple syrup. Mix until nice and frothy.
- Pour into your favourite glass, add the ice cubes and a pinch of vanilla powder and decorate with another sprinkling of PUOLU powder as a finishing touch.
PUOLU – Wild Lingonberry Powder
The lingonberries that make up this powder are hand-picked, wild and organic from the pure arctic nature where they grow under the midnight sun.
Puolu is made of whole lingonberries and they have been dried at low temperatures, so all valuable nutrients are preserved. They are so potent that one teaspoon corresponds to a handful of berries and perfectly suits porridge, smoothie, yoghurt or even ice cream.
Not only does this powder pack a punch of flavor, using it on a daily basis can provide you with ample health benefits.
Lingonberry is high in quercetin. Quercetin acts as an antioxidant and also possesses antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help anyone dealing with chronic inflammation, from arthritis to allergies and hay fever.
Similarly to cranberries, lingonberries have potent properties that help reduce the symptoms of urinary tract infections (UTI’s). This wonder berry also promotes friendly gut bacteria and lowers the level of unwanted pathogenic bacteria due to its antimicrobial properties.
Some additional properties include; high in fibre, polyphenols, carotenoids, tryptophan, B3, folate, C, E, K, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, linolenic acid and alpha-linolenic acid.
Kotka Living is made up of Natalia Sallansalo and Penny Barnett who are both mad on plant based nutrition that is not only nutrient rich, but also tastes yummy and looks exciting!
We source our products from Nordic brands who care deeply about the quality and origin of their ingredients, bringing you the best nature has to offer in its purest form. The majority of these products are sourced from Lapland, Finland, and why this is particularly special is because Lappish plants have to survive intensive growth conditions and dramatic seasonal climates; short days in the darker months and the 24hr sunlight in the Summer, makes the plant secrete more active compounds.